Friday, March 24, 2006

Me, Me, 100 Things about ME!

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, its not like you asked for it, but here's...

100 Things about Me, Me, ME!!

1. My initials are TLC -c'mon, say it with me... Awww. (that's tender loving care, btw, not "The Learning Channel".)
2. I married a guy with the last initial "C.", before that (with my maiden name) I was TLA - you know, True Love Always? Okay, it had more significance in high school.
3. I don't know if I believe in Soul Mates, but I think I might be married to mine.
4. I've been married once before.
5. It lasted 3 years, but it was over before it began. He was not my soul mate.
6. I could never imagine having kids with him.
7. When I started dating my husband I knew almost immediately that I wanted to have a baby with him.
8. We now have a beautiful daughter.
9. I plan on only having one kid.
10. But I try NEVER to say never. Oops.
11. I'm a Stay At Home Mom.
12. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do.
13. It give me an excuse to watch morning talk shows.
14. Until last year I had been working since I was 13 years old.
15. I've had some, um, interesting jobs.
16. I've been a donut filler at Dunkin Donuts
17. I still love donuts.
18. I've been a waitress - okay, that's not so interesting.
19. I've been a bartender. I was a big hit at parties.
20. I've been a Radio DJ. Again, big hit at parties.
21. I've been a media producer/voice-over artist for a Fortune 500 company.
22. I wasn't such a big hit at parties then, but I did meet my husband at that company.
23. I've managed a Doggie Daycare where "playing with dogs" was in my job description.
24. Now I'm a Dog Trainer.
25. I've found its better to say "I'm a Dog Trainer" to people who ask what I do for a living. If I tell people I'm a Stay at Home Mom their eyes start to glaze over.
26. I have wonderful friends who don't try to get me to train their dogs for free. Although, I often end up offer for the love of it.
27. I have two Labrador Retrievers.
28. We paid a butt-load of money to a reputable breeder for one of them, and we rescued the other one.
29. Though I am an advocate for adopting animals, in this case we got what we paid for.
30. I enjoy grooming my dogs more than I enjoy grooming myself.
31. I hate my hair and I hate drying/styling it.
32. I wear a LOT of baseball hats.
33. I think I am, single-handedly keeping the "Life is Good" company in business.
34. Sometimes I need to be reminded that, indeed, Life is Good (plus they have a cute yellow dog on a lot of their stuff).
35. I am not the type of "dog person" who wears her favorite breed of dog on screen printed sweatshirts. I hate those things.
36. But I do own a pair of Labrador socks that my Mother-in-law gave me.
37. I rarely leave my house without wearing makeup.
38. I feel no need to scare young children.
39. I have now, and have always, lived in Massachusetts.
40. I HATE the cold.
41. I love the warm weather. Really, really love it.
42. I grew up in the "Furniture Capital of New England".
43. You would think because of that I would have nicer furniture in my house.
44. My husband and I looooove wine.
45. Did I make that clear? We really love wine.
46. We got engaged in Tuscany, honeymooned in Napa and Sonoma, and tried to conceive our daughter when we went back to Tuscany.
47. We weren't successful. I think we drank too much wine when we were there.
48. We had a lovely time - I think.
49. I can't believe I'm only on #49.
50. I don't have much of an attention span.
51. If you name an 80's song, chances are I can sing a few lines.
52. I could also probably tell you who originally sang it and the approximate year it was a hit.
53. I have little need for this talent in my life these days.
54. Except when I'm trying to keep my daughter entertained. She loves it when Mama sings songs from the 80's.
55. And it really impresses my Hubby. Which is good because he's hard to impress.
56. He is crazy, spooky smart.
57. He's the first guy I ever dated who was smarter than me.
58. That's not saying much. You should meet some of the winners I've dated.
59. But, seriously, he is really, really smart.
60. I was born a blonde, I am currently a blonde.
61. I have no idea what my real hair color is now, but chances are its not blonde.
62. As of today I am still nursing my daughter.
63. I'm so proud of me.
64. I'll really miss it when I finally wean her.
65. And I'll really, REALLY miss my baby boobs.
66. My Hubby will miss them too.
67. I love the Red Sox.
68. I'm not obsessed with them in a multiple-bumper-sticker-on-my-car/jersey-wearing/never-miss-a-game-for-any-reason kind of way.
69. But we did watch a game in the hospital when I was in labor with my daughter.
70. The doctor was nice enough to let me finish watching it before I had to start pushing.
71. I couldn't care less about the Celtics even though I played basketball for years when I was younger.
72. I am a "recovering" Catholic.
73. I guess these days I'm closer to being an Agnostic then an Atheist.
74. I consider myself to be very spiritual.
75. My sister is my best friend.
76. You would think, because of this, that I would want more than one child.
77. I am a pop culture junkie.
78. I'm embarrassed at how much TV I watch.
79. I'm naturally slim.
80. I constantly feel like I'm getting fat.
81. I'm terrified that I won't be able to teach my daughter how to feel positive about her body.
82. I don't want her to grow up feeling bad about herself.
83. I can't be serious for too long.
84. I often make inappropriate comments in serious situations to lighten the mood.
85. My first two years of higher education were spent in Community College.
86. I was not a very good student.
87. I think I might have a learning disability.
88. I graduated from a State College.
89. I always feel inferior to my husband and his friends because of this.
90. My daughter will go to a good college whether she likes it or not.
91. Did I mention I have two cats?
92. Sorry cat lovers, but I don't love them as much as my dogs.
93. I'm waaay too addicted to Dunkin' Donuts for my own good.
94. I can't live without DD, Burt's Bees lip balm, chocolate, music, wine, my Hubby's risotto, and blue jeans.
95. I can't cook.
96. I married a man whose cooking skills kick ass!
97. I love to bake.
98. I don't do it often, though, because I don't want all that sweet stuff in my house.
99. I love bubble baths. Now that I'm almost finished with this f*cking list I think I'll go take one.
100. I have trouble finishing things. I can't believe I finished this damn list.

15 comments:

Mom101 said...

I like you even more now! If we were to get together, oh the wines we would drink. Nate is a fabulous wine snob--er, fan--himself. But we might have to razz you about the bosux.

Unknown said...

You grew up in gardner? With the giant chair? I never knew that.

I grew up in the Spirit of 76 town.

Anonymous said...

I just loved reading this list. I, also cannot live without Burt's Bees lip balm!!

You are cool, Mrs. Chicky...way cool.

The Radical Notion said...

I did the 100 things list, too, and it was tough to think of all of them. I love donuts too. I couldn't be a donut filler. I'd be four hundred pounds.

Lebatron said...

Since you mentioned makeup, I'd like to enlighten you. To the ladies: applying excessive makeup is one of the most distasteful, unattractive things a woman can do. I've written an article on this in by blog. Check it out.

Carolyn S. said...

This is great, I've learned so much! If we were both going to the BlogHer conference, I'd say we should hang out.

Being a dog-sitter, trainer, groomer, if you have any useful tips on how to gain control of a 3.5 year old labrador retrievor, I'm all ears.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Mom 101 - oh,yes... the wines we would drink. I'm ignoring the comment about my favorite team. :)

Margalit - #101: climbed the Big Chair once, and only once.
#102: I have a paralyzing fear of heights.

Rhonda - BB's rocks, no other lip balm will do.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

T. - (funny, that was my nickname for the longest time) I was a donut filler when I was young and had a killer metabolism. Wouldn't be able to do that now!

Carrcakes - I feel your pain... The one thing I recommend the most for labs is exercise, exercise and more exercise. Oh, and exercise!

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I just commented on Lebatron's blog and told him to learn some manners, move out of his mother's basement and get a life? Looking back on it, I might have laced it with a bit of profanity too ... oops :)

Anonymous said...

you are a very cool chick indeed - and I have to see, you are one of the only other bloggers out there who has said they only wanted one child - I feel the exact same way but do you get the constant 'why? you HAAAAVE to have two!' loved reading more about you - and lol @ the hubby's comment - rock on!!

kittenpie said...

I find it so cool that every time I read a few comments from someone on other blogs and think I'd like them, then go read their blog and think I like them even more, then when I read their 100 things, we have a million things in common. It's like I keep finding my long-lost friends and sisters online! I wish you lived in my neighbourhood.

Gina said...

Okay, we have WAY too much in common (and our husbands do too). Good thing we are far away cuz we'd get nothing done if we were near.

In Common: #9, 14 but I am still working, 28 only it was a cat, 31, 37, 38 and adults, 40 but I like the snow, 50, 51, 55 mine is way hard to make laugh too, 56, 59, 60, 62 son, 63, 65, 66, 79, 80, 83, 85, 86, 87, 91, 95-98 & 100.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you still breatsfeeding? Just curious.

Laura said...

Your list looks like it took hard work-it is pretty humorous too. I laughed out loud at 55-59. To similiar to my experience I suppose. Thanks for the good read.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! how to get a big butt How to make sofa slipcovers Mp3 player price comparison Info on denali security system Hummer illustration Home made kitchen cabinet Building cheap wow capable computers Organic skin care recipes 1998 pontiac sunfire convertible