Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You got peanut butter on my meme. You got meme in my peanut butter

Can't. Think. Still. Recovering. From. Springing forward. Changing clocks. Body. Messed. Up.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Combine the time change with the fact that it has been beeee-yooo-teee-fullll this week and the result is now I have no brain activity. None. Hook me up to a machine and you'll see a stick figure dozing where the squigly lines should be. Or the Peanut Butter Jelly guy.

But I must frolic and be merry, for tomorrow it will snow. F*cking New England weather.

Thankfully I was tagged for a couple of memes so I don't have to hurt myself by thinking too hard. Not that some thought was not required of these particular ones. No, quite contrary. I was tagged by PDX Mama to participate in Kristen's brilliant "Real Mothers" meme and I really had to work the ol' brain to come up with something. Then it came to me.


Real Mothers rock the baseball cap. Bad hair day be damned. Plus? Opening day in less than a month, baby!

Real mothers also tag others to participate in memes. So I tag fellow Sox lover Cape Buffalo, and my New England sisters Binky and Waya, and my friend from the south Blog Antagonist (though I don't know if she does memes, but I'm hopeful).

--------------------------------

Next up in the mememeMEmememe department, Ali tagged me for a musical meme. The guidelines are: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Okey Dokey, Smokey. I must warn you, I'm all over the place here.


1. Little Sparrow - Dolly Parton. I've been into the folk thing lately and Dolly has her roots firmly in folk/bluegrass. You're going to have to look for this one yourself since I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

2. You know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse. Hype. Warranted.

3. What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake. That's right, baby. You bring your sexy back here to mama.

4. I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys. Maybe it's the time of year. Maybe I need some gritty, kick-you-in-the-face music. Nothing wrong with bagpipes and the occasional size 11 to the chin.

5. Smile - Nat King Cole. I used to sing this to Chicky when she was really small and really colicky. It worked occasionally. I've worked it back into my repertoire for those moments when she needs some soothing.

6. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee (sorry, no link to the song. Just his website). Quickly becoming one of my favorite scoop-Chicky-up-and-dance songs. I may dance like a wounded chicken but she doesn't seem to mind.

7. Rick James - Jude. It's almost 10 years old but it's still one of my favorite songs. (Warning: the clip doesn't really do it justice. It's sucks actually. Makes me wonder why I like the song so much. Then I hear it on my iPod and it makes me want to dance like a wounded chicken. Now, that's a good song.)

I tag Mama Tulip, Jana, Mr. Big Dubya, MotherBumper, Jenny, Kevin, and Fairly Odd Mother. Now get to it, my iPod depends on you.

----------------------------

And finally, Mrs. Chicken thoughtfully bestowed upon me the great honor of the Thinking Bloggers award. Normally my brain is spinning constantly, but this past week? Not so much. So it seems funny to be getting this award now. But I'll take it. No, really. Give it back. Take your dirty mitts off of my award. I'll start thinking again. Sometime soon. Really.



Ooh, that's purdy.

But this award is like playing hot potato. Once you get it you need to pass it on to others that make you think. Which means I had to think about who I wanted to give this to. And now my head hurts.

I hereby pass this award on to those who refuse to let me drone out to their pretty words but instead make me flex my cranial muscle:

Mother-Woman
Christina from A Mommy Story
Mike at Cry it Out
Kristin at Eva Las Vegas
Julie at MotherGooseMouse

Enjoy your award, ladies and gent. Wear it in good health.


Now after all that linking and a-meme-ing I need to go back to bed. Or go sit in the sun. Guess which one I'll be doing?



30 comments:

Monkey Butt's Mom said...

I'm always interested in what music makes people shake [their] groove thang, shake [their] groove thang, yeah yeah.

Love the music.

Kyla said...

Meme-riffic!

Anonymous said...

No one was EVER accused me of thinking, so thanks! You made my day, and made my wife laugh really, really hard.

motherbumper said...

I'm afraid if I reveal my current songs no one will ever visit me again and someone will commit me to the bad-taste music asylum. But I love me some meme so I'll do it :)

Kate said...

We are true Red Sox fans here in the midwest. My son pronounces Boston as "Boe-ston" for some reason and can't until opening day of the "Boeston Red Sox".

And what nice links! You truly give back to the community chicky.

Anonymous said...

I dig any award that involves a skull. Thank you, Mrs. C. You look great in a baseball cap, by the way.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Well, of course, the Dropkicks are a given this time of year! Love the hat, neighbor!

OK, off to think about the meme! Thanks for the tag.

OhTheJoys said...

That is the Mack Baby Daddy of all memes!!

Redneck Mommy said...

You only got one eye there, Chicky?

There's a mental image for me...hairy and one eyed. I may have to rethink our rooming arrangements. Wouldn't want to suffer from nightmares from you giving me the ole one eye glare...

Damselfly said...

Ah, where would I be without emergency hats? Cute pic!

karengreeners said...

get down with your bad self! baseball hats, dolly parton & an award for thinking? you're hot.

Sparky Duck said...

go Sawk!

As for songs, the Justin one is bomb diggity good. And I am going to plug the newer Nelly Furtado one. I think its Say it Right

Kevin Charnas said...

oh boy...okay. I'll have to scroll around my i-pod, because I don't even know who sings what that I like right now...besides Kelly Clarkson, she's rockin' my bootie. But, I'll figure the rest out.

And adorable pic, Miss Chicky.

Creative-Type Dad said...

I want a PB & J now - and it's not even breakfast time.

Girl con Queso said...

I love the title of this post. Nicely done.

Blog Antagonist said...

I don't mind meme'ing now and again. :?)

Radioactive Tori said...

I also tagged you for the real moms meme last night, but since you have just done it, I guess you don't have to do it again.

Anonymous said...

I love your selections. So, so nice.

I'll get right on it, my dear.

Anonymous said...

You could do what I did, went back to bed on the porch in the sun ...

Anonymous said...

That is memelicious!
Great stuff!

Girlplustwo said...

someday you will need to let me show you just how much red sox knowledge i have stored in my head.

someday!

mamatulip said...

God, yes, Real Moms totally rock the baseball hats. I should be rockin' one right now, seeing as it's been 24 hours since my last shower.

And I'm all over this meme. I'll give you a nudge when I do it. :)

kittenpie said...

Ooh, I love it! Fluff for the holiday! (It's March Break. I only work one day this week, so I am letting my brain ROT!)

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I've completed my assignment! http://fairlyoddmother.blogspot.com/2007/03/musical-meme.html

Scribbit said...

Very good, I got tagged earlier this week and have had a hard time coming up with something to say (ha! me without something to say, what a joke!) you've given me some food for thought.

carrie said...

The baseball hat is a uniform that should be passed out to all mothers (and fathers) when they're riding the sleep-deprived express -- like me.

You rock it!! Also - great songs!

Carrie

niloc said...

Oh... Jana is so gonna kick your butt! First you tagged her for the meme then your list of Seven Songs could very well be hers.
She is going to have to dig deep for this one.

Good work! ;)

Anonymous said...

Just flew by from Jenny's...wanted to see what made you groove over here. Gotta go get my iPod and add some songs. Thanks.

ms blue said...

Go Red Sox. Love the photo!

I wish I could wear hats because I have bad roots 90% of the time, but hats look goofy on me.

I prefer JT's first album. I love, love, love Jude. That song is funky. I'm picturing you dancing to it right now.

Anonymous said...

5grasolrr

Feel free to visit my site halogen cooker