Friday, December 28, 2007

We interupt this nap to bring you the following random thought. Just because I thought you should know and because Twitter is broken.

I've been feeling the baby fluttering for a couple of weeks now - which is very cool, especially since the early flutters are so much more preferable to the late kicks and jabs to the kidney - but today I'm sitting on my couch, listening to Chicky sing off-key in her crib,

(the singing that will soon turn to violent kicks to the side of the crib and a resounding "MAAAAA! MOOOMMMMM! MOMMMMYYYYYYY!" So even though she sounds like she's choking a cat, the singing is SO much more enjoyable.)

and baby-to-be has gone from gentle backstrokes in my womb to full on Mary Lou Retton-style gymnastics.

I bet if you held your ear to my stomach right now you would hear this:

"WEEEEEEEEEE! Thanks for the chocolate and that small vanilla coffee, Mom! That feels GREAT! WEEEEEEEE!"

Considering Chicky's vocal stylings have just reached a crescendo and the crystal in my dining room, a full floor below Chicky's room, is threatening to crack, I'm willing to bet the baby's joyous shouts would be off-key as well. But I'm their Mom so it all seems perfect to me. I give them both a "10".

This sappy moment is now over. The baby has gone still and Chicky has stopped singing and started screaming. I need to put a stop to it or we'll have to replace our new windows. As you were.

16 comments:

flutter said...

nothing to see here, people, move along!

Oy, poor chicky.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Mmmmm. . .vanilla coffee. . .

Oh, and hope you enjoyed those 2 seconds of rest.

The Domesticator said...

Hey Mrs C...
Glad to see things are progressing nicely up there in MA...

Miss you much.

Happy New Year to you, Mr C, Chicky Baby, and the soon to be choco-vanilla coffee a-holic baby! *heehee*

Redneck Mommy said...

I'd love to hear what Chicky baby sounds like singing...then again, I'd like to hear again, period.

That damn bus ride and those screeching children of my family have my poor, pretty ears still ringing.

But still, I'm betting it was a charming moment. Especially with Sprout in the belly, playing along.

Trying to contain my jealousy, over here. Harumph.

Rachel said...

What a precious moment. Baby flutters and Chicky Singing. Caffeine fueled kicks are so fun :-) LOL. Glad all is well in your household.
Take care of you and yours :-)

kittenpie said...

I love this little time out, brought to you by vanilla coffee. I have this feelign that if we manage a second, I'll be way sappier, wanting to savour every moment again, maybe not just live through it. At least, I hope that's how it woudl go. And that's what Mo-wo says, and who would second-guess a librarian? Not me.

Chicky said...

Aw! I miss that part so much...just an amazing and really strange feeling...as you were!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Cool.

And what the hell with Twitter? Don't they know how addicted I am?

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Ooh, a nap! What a great idea... the game is on TV and the couch is calling.

mamatulip said...

What the hell is Twitter? Do I even want to know?

Mrs. Schmitty said...

That flutter feeling is the best in the world!

OhTheJoys said...

I say, HUGE coffee tomorrow. But I was never one to give that sh*t up.

BOSSY said...

Aw fer chrissake, flutters! Bossy is so happy gushy when she thinks of you and all your Chickies.

Cristina said...

Awww. The fluttering is such a great feeling!

carrie said...

Reminiscing over naptime, cribs and kicking babies-to-be!

Hope you don't mind if I live vicariously through you for a while!

Happy New Year Chicky!

Carrie

Table4Five said...

I remember the flutters! But my 2 year old daughter must have missed the memo about singing happily in her crib when she wakes up. I just get the screaming for "MAAAH MAAAAH". Happy New Year!