Thursday, December 27, 2007

The day after the day after

A whole week away from blogging to enjoy the Christmas madness merriment sure does a body good... Except all that time away will be for naught when the actual holiday whups your ass, leaving your poor body sick and tired and your toddler's body beaten and bedraggled.

And by that last part I don't mean to insinuate that we beat our child. But have you ever seen a toddler high on fistfuls of White Trash snacks who hasn't napped in a couple of days? I always thought it was a saying but they literally bounce off of walls.

We're both slightly sick and very over tired so all stories and pictures from Christmas will have to wait. But, oh, I have stories. Stories of excess and surprise engagements and hour long violent tantrums.

On second thought, I think I might skip that last story. Some things don't need to be relived.

Before I go rest my heavy head I realize that I neglected to mention before my mini break that my quad screen test came back all clean and healthy. No problems there, as far as we can tell, which means we'll probably be skipping the amnio and live in blissful oblivion until the end of May. That's all I really wanted for Christmas anyway.

So internets I leave you to watch Elmo's Countdown to Christmas for the bazillionth time. I hope all your holiday celebrations were worth the stress of mall trips, shipping charges, long lines in the post office and staying up late to put together ridiculously large Christmas presents that your kids played with for 20 minutes before they moved on to the boxes and bows. Which as everyone knows are way more fun to play with anyway.

13 comments:

Girlplustwo said...

happy well baby, sister. i've missed you.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Glad the babe is looking good. Hope you are enjoying those White Trash snacks too! I'm just getting over a head cold too and it is HARD to deal with holiday aftermath like this!

mamatulip said...

Glad to hear the screens and tests came back clear. If that's not merry, I don't know what is.

Keeping It Real said...

Congrats on the screen test. And enjoy your break.

Manic Mommy said...

Thought I had a hangover, then thought I was pregnant, Andy woke up to puke at 3:00 this morning and we figured out we've got stomach flu! On top of Christmas comedown.

So glad about the quad screen.

Amy Urquhart said...

Merry Christmas Mrs. Chicky! Sounds like you had a great holiday.

Assertagirl

Don Mills Diva said...

So glad your screens and tests can back ok. Love your new blog design BTW.

SUEB0B said...

I'm glad to hear about the healthy baby and the lack of amnio. Yay.

Everyone but me is sick. My office sounds like an emphysema ward.

Julie Pippert said...

So glad all is well with the baby and you have survived the holidays. :) Enjoy the break and get well and rest up and hope the Chicky detox program goes well and easily for you. I'm not looking forward to that next week for my own kids. Getting kids clean and off the sugar/crack is never pretty. But oh so necessary.

Julie
Using My Words

Redneck Mommy said...

Congrats on the screening results. That is festive news.

I'm hoping you are taking pictures of the chicky baby bouncing off walls...cuz that makes for excellent blog fodder or at the very least, blackmail pictures for when she is a stubborn teen.

Fratzels said...

here's wishing you a very napping day and weekend!

Julie Marsh said...

Cheers for good results! You'll get a 20-week ultrasound too, right? That's what really convinced me to skip the whole long needle routine this time.

But I have to ask - was the tantrum yours or Chicky's? Or both?

kittenpie said...

Hooray for your clean screen!
So good to have that relief. Too many people lately have had scares. It's nice to know it's not all long needles and anxiety!