Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh yeah *head slap*... THAT's why I married him

No matter how cute my little bump is, I'm still pregnant. Uncomfortable, irritable, clumsy and pregnant. So tonight after bathing Chicky I decided to take a bath myself.

It's been freezing here in the North East and I'm always cold anyway (please keep your frigid jokes to a minimum), the thought of a nice warm bath sounded really good. Even if I couldn't have my customary glass of wine while I soaked.

I ran the water, grabbed some jelly beans and stripped down to my birthday suit.

With my handy rubber ducky thermometer floating in the tub I felt comfortable with the temperature of the water - my last OB-Gyn told me never to take baths while pregnant, and that's another reason why I switched doctors - but it still seemed on the cool side to me. However, the cold air in my bathroom forced me to make the decision to get in anyway. Pregnancy boobs hurt under the best of circumstances. At that temperature I thought my nipples were going to fall off.

The first minute or two was fine. I had my book. I had my jelly beans. I was happy. Then I noticed the water had gone from just warm enough to a little chilly in that tub. Then it got a lot chilly. Then my nipples were really threatening a revolt.

"Hooooneeeeyyy!" I called to my husband.

After a few seconds, "Yeah?"

"My water is getting coold." Wow, I can be whiney.

He thought for a second. "Well, we just gave Chicky a bath and you ran the dishwasher right before that. And I just washed some dishes in the sink..."

"So what you're saying is we have no more hot water in the tank?"

"That's what I'm saying."

Sigh. "Okay. I really don't want to get out so soon. Maybe I can stick it out for another couple of minutes until the water heats up again."

(Fool)

He went back to his computer, I went back to my book.

Another couple of minutes went by and still no hot water.

"Hooooneeeyyyy!"

After a few seconds, "I have water boiling on the stove for you. You relax and I'll bring in the water to heat up your bath."

Come on, say it with me. Aawwwwww.

"Aw, hon. That's so nice of you."

"Yeah, I know."

So he brought me two separate pots of hot water from the stove to heat up my bath, just so I could languish in my own type of sensory deprivation tank. And I didn't have to ask. I was going to, oh yes I was, but he beat me to it. Sometimes he can be the greatest guy.

But I can't help but wonder what his ulterior motives are. I think it was to keep me in that bath longer so I wouldn't keep forcing him to get up to fetch me bowls of ice cream.

25 comments:

flutter said...

awwww, seriously.

Bri said...

He is TOO cute.

Julie Marsh said...

Making up for that heating fuel debacle, I see. Good for Mr. C (and you too).

Whirlwind said...

Awww, how sweet!

motherbumper said...

Yes, I'm with MGM - after the furnace f**kup, he wouldn't DARE let you go cold - especially now (see Mr. Chicky? Friends of Mrs. Chicky don't forget).

EUC said...

Awesome! Dave's started to call me his little incubator which means I have ginger slices, and peppermint tea delivered at will. I'm just crossing my fingers that my morning sickness doesn't get as awful as yours.

sam {temptingmama} said...

I NEED to borrow Mr. C. I've been given NOTHING but slack for asking for help - being told I'm LAZY hasn't helped our marriage lately.

Maybe I could even send my "husband" for a lesson?

Fairly Odd Mother said...

It was the nipples. They make my husband do all sorts of nice things too.

BTW, love the new banner which I hope is new and I'm not just some clueless idiot who didn't notice it til now.

Julie Pippert said...

Good man.

Julie
Using My Words

Magpie said...

You have a nice husband.

Redneck Mommy said...

You have trained him well. Good job, Chicklet.

Anonymous said...

Who da man? You Da Man, Mr. C.
Dory

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Please let me borrow him. Just for a week or two?

OhTheJoys said...

Good job, Mr. Chicky!

Yuriko said...

Awwwwwwwww how sweet. I'd be lucky to have someone think so quickly like that... I'd have to drop megaton hints first.. and then I'd have to just outright tell him to do it.. right.
Sigh.. lucky girl!

mamatulip said...

Dude, seriously...AWWWWWWWW.

Rachel said...

Absolutely sweeter than honey. What a darling man, that Mr. Chicky.
Love the new header! I've missed visiting here!!
Must blogroll you NOW!!
Have a wonderful day!

Kimberly said...

Very sweet!

Girlplustwo said...

now that is a keeper. and i LOVE the new look, dude.

Binky said...

Unreal. I'd be taking a cold bath in hell the day my husband would do that for me.

Kyla said...

Awwwwww. Yeah, he's a keeper.

PunditMom said...

Wow! If I wasn't already married to Mr. PunditMom, I'd ask if he has a brother! You hang on to that one!

Manic Mommy said...

What? No picture of that?

Good Job to Mr. C!

Yeah, I can get whiny, too

kittenpie said...

He just doesn't want your toes too cold in bed, if he's anything like Misterpie, who encourages me to consider myself naked when I still have socks on. But still, it's a sweet thing. Good going, Mr. C!

Rusti said...

What a sweet sweet man! how wonderful of him to do that for you :)