- Was finally free of the evil, silver torture devices that orthodontists call "braces", and the equally horrible headgear. ("Stan, are you looking at my headgear?")
- Was entering my first year of high school. The school is made up of 3 circular buildings so all you have to do is walk around and around until you find your class. I don't know how I did it, but I got lost looking for the auditorium. Nobody told me it was in the circle on the left. At least I didn't go looking for the swimming pool on the roof.
- Was involved in my first high school romance. He was a senior (yeah, this girl moves quick). He was a wrestler. He had a mohawk. I have no idea what I was thinking. Perhaps I watched Vision Quest too many times.
- Was planning my first wedding knowing in my heart of hearts it was a mistake.
- Had even less of a life than I do now because I was getting up for work at 4:30 in the morning.
- Was meeting Bonnie Raitt and Bob Seger - perks that didn't make up for me having to get up at 4:30am, because they were pretty shitty perks.
- Made my first trip to Italy.
- Got proposed to by my now husband on that trip - I told you this girl moves fast.
- Wanted to ram a fork into each ear if I heard "God Bless the USA" one more time.
- Was leaving Corporate America to work with dogs.
- Was settling into this idea of marriage the second time around.
- Was wondering if Jason Guarini and Kelly Clarkson were held at gunpoint while making that movie.
- Was wondering if it was too late to call a do-over on this baby idea.
- Was one minute saying "Oh my God! I love my baby!" And the next, "Put her out with the garbage. No one will know." Well, what do you want from me? She was colicky.
- Scarfing down large quantities of the foods that made me sick for the entire 9 months of my pregnancy. No more puking! Yay!
- Celebrated one year of not leaving my child on the doorstep of the local church.
- Logged far too many hours of blogging.
- Successfully weaned Chicky Baby. Whoo-Hoo! Caffeine and wine whenever I feel like it!
- ... um, what the hell did I do yesterday?
- ...er, uh...
- ...um. I forget.
- Went to the Wholesale Club for diapers and walked out with a hundred bucks worth of stuff I convinced myself I needed. Damn, they get me every time.
- Read "The Belly Button Book" 5 times. Four of those times to Chicky Baby.
- Read some more blogs. Duh.
Tomorrow I will...
- Probably be floating down the street in a rubber boat. Just what we need here in Massachusetts, more possibilities for flooding.
- Warn my husband not to come home with any horrible injuries sustained while playing in his Ultimate Frisbee tournament. He's got to play in a monsoon. Sucks to be him.
- Read some more blogs.
- Drink lots of wine.
- Watch Chicky Baby learn to walk and talk and probably learn how to tell me off, but in an oh-so-cute manner.
- Read some more blogs.
Are you still with me? Good bloggers. Good stay. Okay! Go have a treat.
Sorry, I'll save the sit/stays for my dogs.
Since Crouton Boy tagged me for this meme in a geographical fashion, I will do the same. To my sistas in the great white north - and you know who you are - consider yourself tagged.