Thursday, June 01, 2006

Damn that Sally Field for saying this so much better than I can

Like any person with low self-esteem I have a really hard time accepting a compliment. So when I heard that J's Mommy nominated me for a Perfect Post award, I honestly thought it was a joke. I hurriedly clicked over to Petroville's site and, sure enough, there was my blog name among some other really fantastic bloggers for whom my respect is immeasurable. Then I rubbed my eyes and looked again, just to be sure. Still there! Holy crap! My first thought was...

What does this mean? Is there a ceremony? Will Vera Wang send me a free dress to wear? Can I get Jonathan to do my hair... 'cause that's the only way this mess on top of my head is going to look good. Some extensions would be nice. Oh, I better contact Harry Winston for some bling, although, those body guards are a wee bit scary....

Then I got my head of my beee-hind and realized that I would only be receiving a shout out on Petroville's and Lucinda's blogs and a button. Which is just fine because I would have had to hire a sitter and booked a limousine. And then I would have gotten all silly on the complimentary champagne.

Besides, how cool is a button on my side bar proclaiming that someone very cool in my book thought one of my posts was perfect?!

Okay, I'm done gushing. Gushing doesn't suit me. I'll just sit here and blush.

Thanks J's Mommy!

12 comments:

Kevin Charnas said...

To be acknowledged and in a positive way is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Congratulations! From what I've read, it's well deserved.

Gina said...

Congrads, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

that's way cool! I'm excited for you. I love your profile pic! cute!

Kristin said...

Congratulations Mrs. Chicky!

Christina said...

Yay! Congrats! You deserve it!

Radioactive Tori said...

Congratulations! Although it only confirms what I already knew from reading your posts myself.

j.sterling said...

congrats!!! rockstar!

Heather Bea said...

Yay for you! You deserve it.

The Domesticator said...

You are one of my favorite bloggers. It was just a matter of time, and it is well deserved! But hey, maybe you are on to something...a blogging awards show? Champagne? Limos? Sounds great to me...where do I sign up?

Sandra said...

You so deserve this recognition! I really enjoy your blog and never miss an entry. I am really glad you got the perfect post. Hooray!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That does it; I need to get on the Perfect Post bus. No more stalling.

ms blue said...

Go on! Get yourself a new fancy smance dress, a bottle of wine and cook up more brilliant posts.

Congrats! It is much deserved.