Can't. Think. Still. Recovering. From. Springing forward. Changing clocks. Body. Messed. Up.
Combine the time change with the fact that it has been beeee-yooo-teee-fullll this week and the result is now I have no brain activity. None. Hook me up to a machine and you'll see a stick figure dozing where the squigly lines should be. Or the Peanut Butter Jelly guy.
But I must frolic and be merry, for tomorrow it will snow. F*cking New England weather.
Thankfully I was tagged for a couple of memes so I don't have to hurt myself by thinking too hard. Not that some thought was not required of these particular ones. No, quite contrary. I was tagged by PDX Mama to participate in Kristen's brilliant "Real Mothers" meme and I really had to work the ol' brain to come up with something. Then it came to me.
Next up in the mememeMEmememe department, Ali tagged me for a musical meme. The guidelines are: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
Okey Dokey, Smokey. I must warn you, I'm all over the place here.
2. You know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse. Hype. Warranted.
3. What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake. That's right, baby. You bring your sexy back here to mama.
4. I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys. Maybe it's the time of year. Maybe I need some gritty, kick-you-in-the-face music. Nothing wrong with bagpipes and the occasional size 11 to the chin.
5. Smile - Nat King Cole. I used to sing this to Chicky when she was really small and really colicky. It worked occasionally. I've worked it back into my repertoire for those moments when she needs some soothing.
6. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee (sorry, no link to the song. Just his website). Quickly becoming one of my favorite scoop-Chicky-up-and-dance songs. I may dance like a wounded chicken but she doesn't seem to mind.
7. Rick James - Jude. It's almost 10 years old but it's still one of my favorite songs. (Warning: the clip doesn't really do it justice. It's sucks actually. Makes me wonder why I like the song so much. Then I hear it on my iPod and it makes me want to dance like a wounded chicken. Now, that's a good song.)
I tag Mama Tulip, Jana, Mr. Big Dubya, MotherBumper, Jenny, Kevin, and Fairly Odd Mother. Now get to it, my iPod depends on you.
But this award is like playing hot potato. Once you get it you need to pass it on to others that make you think. Which means I had to think about who I wanted to give this to. And now my head hurts.
I hereby pass this award on to those who refuse to let me drone out to their pretty words but instead make me flex my cranial muscle:
Christina from A Mommy Story
Mike at Cry it Out
Kristin at Eva Las Vegas
Julie at MotherGooseMouse
Enjoy your award, ladies and gent. Wear it in good health.
Now after all that linking and a-meme-ing I need to go back to bed. Or go sit in the sun. Guess which one I'll be doing?