Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Oh so random

Much love from both Mr. Chicky and me - and, if she could say something besides 'Mama' and 'Dada' and 'S'Dat?' I'm sure Chicky Baby would send mad props as well - for all your wonderful and supportive comments on Mr. C's extremely tough job decision. We really appreciate the kindness of strangers in this situation. Especially the comments from people who have been there. Unfortunately, the deed had to be done via email, as he couldn't get the potential boss-man to free up some time so they could talk face to face, but the guy understood and said he knew it was coming. There is still much respect between them so that's good career-wise. Mr. C has been a bit mopey for the past couple of days, but I can see it in his face when he comes home to his still-awake and thrilled-to-see-him child that he's satisfied with his decision. Sometimes a kiss and a hug from a toddler is worth a slightly smaller paycheck. Much love to you, Mr. C. Much, much love and ooches of smooches.

_______________________________________

Randomness:

- When did the Olay company drop the "Oil of" from their name? Were consumers finding the "Oil of" a negative attribute in face cream branding? Was it really that necessary to remove it? Why did I not notice that until today? And why does it bother me so much?

- I'd like to find the jackass who came up with those new Dunkin' Donut commercials. You know, the ones that make you want to jam a fork in to your temple? I'd like to find him or her or them and force them to repeatedly listen to those damn jingles that get stuck in your head and you can't get them out of there and you start singing them in the shower and in the grocery store even though those suckass songs are the dumbest thing you've ever heard but you can't stop hearing them and you can't stop singing them and you want to take that fork and jam it repeatedly in each temple over and over and over....

"Doin' things is what I like to do. Yes!"

"Swimming, soccer, ballet, oboe... And last but not least... KA-RAAH-TEEE! HaiYa!"

Don't blame me for the torturous hell that is the music brain itch. Blame DD's ad agency.


- Overheard at the Chicky Household last night

Mr. C - "I need to watch the end of the All-Star game!"
Me - "Well, too bad. I want to watch 'I Love the 70's."
Mr. C - "But this game decides who gets home field advantage for the World Series."
Me - "No shit, Sherlock. But I have a hard time believing you care about the game, you care about the outcome of this game."
Mr. C - "Yes I do. I care about the game."
Me - "No you don't, you care about the outcome. You don't give a rat's ass if some guy from the Astro's pops out to some guy from the Blue Jay's to end the game. You, watching this game, is not going to affect who wins."
Mr. C - whine, whine, whine
Me - "Fine. Watch the damn game. They'll be rerunning those damn 70's shows for weeks to come, anyway. I'll just have to wait a little longer to learn more about Superfly."

He's lucky the All-Star game wasn't on tonight 'cause there is no way I would compromise and watch Project Runway on reruns.

- Oh, did I mention Project Runway starts a new season tonight? Fashion! Contest! Catty gay men! I'm so sublimely happy.

- I know this randomness has been mostly about TV - so, sue me, its what I'm doing while typing this - but that Dmitri on "SYTYCD" is one tasty Russian treat. I'd like to serve him with some caviar and wrap him up with a pancake. And eat him slowly... With a shot of chilled vodka dripping down him well muscled chest... Um, what was I saying?

- Random cute picture to appease the hungry masses and to get your mind off wanting to have nasty sex with my dancer boy...


Oh, okay, twist my arm... Here's another.



Don't you just want to nibble on those cheeks instead?

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I wish I had bravo.

And yes. Those cheeks are nibbilicious. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, that last picture with her stunning blue eyes and those two little teeth! Yes, I want to gobble her up!

Debbie said...

who the eff is Dimitri - and what does that anagram stand for? I'm clearly falling behind in the reality show genre.

that baby. OH GOD. *sucks in breath*

how do you stand her on a daily basis? I mean, stand not squeezing and kissing her to pieces?

yow. and, yum.

The Domesticator said...

OK...I must admit, I kinda like the "Karateeeehhhhhh!" Dunkin Donuts commercial...it's catchy. I find myself mimicing it often.....I must.get.a.life.

Oh, and I love those precious baby pics!!!What beach did you go to?

Radioactive Tori said...

I have never seen the commercials! Your baby is ADORABLE!!!! I don't know your guy. The guy they just booted from Rock Star Supernova is my guy so I don't even need look at your guy. Well, except they did just kick my guy off the show....

motherbumper said...

you are my morning laugh, giggle and sigh today! Gonna check out Dmitri now....

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only one who had it bad for Dmitri. He is F.I.N.E. fine. And those stupid DD commercials really bother me too- and ALL of the stupid Cingular commercials. Especially the one with the girl w/ the HUUUUGE eyes talking about how her stupid friend didn't hear her gossip because they (GASP!) DROPPED HER CALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the discussion on Mr. C's job. I know how difficult it is to change your career path when it's been ingrained in you to move on up the ladder for so long -- after my 2nd girl was born, I left a very high stress job which had had me working evenings (logging in from home) and even during my maternity leave for my current, more laid-back position.

For Mr. C, I know it must have been a tough decision -- but just look at that baby! She is just so adorable and I know that him being around for her babyhood is the ultimate best thing.

P.s. -- your family needs to get a TiVo. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You just talked about the only two shows on television that I ever watch...SYTYCD and Project Runway.

YAY!

And Dmetri?? Oh. My. God. YUM!

Who are you going for, though? I have so many faves - Benji, Allison, Ivan...ack!

Anonymous said...

Love the baseball exchange. You were oh-so-right. When Kyle watches basketball, I say, "Why bother watching the whole game? It always comes down to the last two minutes anyway?"

That Dmitry serving suggestion sounds wonderful. Mmmmmmmm.

But yes - Chicky Baby is much more appetizing. Besides, she still has baby scent, which has not yet been bottled like cologne. (Whoever manages to do that will be richer than Bill Gates.)

Major Bedhead said...

I've had that karataaaaaaaay commercial stuck in my head since May. See?
[url]http://thebookishone.blogspot.com/2006/05/and-last-but-not-least.html[/url]
(hopefully that link works...)


And the other one - The backs of my legs....sticking to the pleather.

Drives me a little nuts.

And Project Runway! So excited that's back on. I love that show.

Edible cheeks indeed.

j.sterling said...

LOL- oh man, the first pic is adorable.. "jack, i'm flying!" bwahahahhaa

mr chicky rocks..

Anonymous said...

Finally, an appearance of the beach pictures that I had to look at antisocially while your entire fam of in-laws was visiting (and yes, I am just as bitter as my sweet older sibling).

The vast majority of ads on TV are annoying me lately. Especially the stupid Geico ones. I hate that frickin' reptile. But, the credit card ones with the stolen identities still make me chuckle.

My niece is incredibly adorable. The pictures do not do her justice. Everytime I see her I practically suck on her cheeks because I can't stop myself from kissing her.

Have a good day, dear sister of mine. See you tomorrow!

Big luvs, ME

Lena said...

Beee-beeeeeee! Love those squooshy cheeks.

I actually got emotional reading the line where Mr. C comes home to his little girl. She will grow up a confident little girl because she knows her daddy loves her.

Dunkin Donuts...damn you for the link!

Tuesday Girl said...

So adorable!

Lisa said...

I LOVE her two little toofers! She's so very beautiful! Ahhhh....

Heather said...

Yeah those cheeks look like they'd be pretty fun to come home to.

Cristina said...

Oh, look at those two little teeth popping up. So cute.

OK, I'm off to catch up with my TV viewing now...I don't think I've seen even one of those shows you're talking about. Not even the Dunkin Donuts commercial. Me thinks I'm spending too much time on the computer...

Kristin said...

Chicky Baby has such bee-yoo-tee-full eyes!!!

Also, how good was episode 1 of Project Runway! Michael Kors is practically a woman with PMS this season.

Mom101 said...

Okay, so I know the guy who writes those ads, and you being in Mass, you probably see them way more than you should. I'll give up his name for the right price.

And haven't you learned by now? You can't end a post with perfect baby pictures. No one will want to talk about anything else.

Christina said...

Adorable pics. But hey, you only have one TV? Dude, get another TV and kick his butt to the other room if he wants to watch baseball. :)

Nap Queen said...

SOOOOOO cute. That's the kind of baby that makes me think I might just want one of my own :)

Gina said...

I know what you mean on SYTYCD... I am lovin' that show!

Chicky Baby can you GET any cuter? I love photos of her... she is just edible!

Karla May said...

Okay. That is one AMAZINGLY munchable baby you've got there. What a sweet pea.

Kevin Charnas said...

Yes, actually, thank you, I'll take a nibble of those adorable little cheeks and a side of Dimitry please.