Friday, January 20, 2006

What's the sign for "Bite my Ass"?

I took the Child to a baby sign language class today. The other mothers and I tried to teach our babies the sign for ball, more and book. After about 20 minutes I completely lost her attention and just let her crawl around the room with her little buddies. We had a good time, though, and I'm really going to throw myself (and, because he lives here, the Hubby too) into it. I've heard that ASL - American Sign Language - really works for babies, helping reduce their frustration when they reach the age when they really want to communicate more but don't yet have the ability to speak. Its fascinating stuff. For instance, did you know that The Experts (don't ask me who The Experts are, but They write books so They must know what They're doing) say that children have learned 75% of their language skills by 3 years? I guess I'll have to start watching what I'm doing when Julia is around. Don't want her first sign to be the Bird.

I bet that would be a big hit at family functions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Advantages of sports Sheraton guildford