Sunday, January 08, 2006

I want my two hours!

I have been to one - count them, one - movie in a real movie theater in the past year. While I was pregnant I had such terrible back pain that simply sitting in a movie theater seat was enough to send me running to the bathroom close to tears. After Julia was born we found out very quickly that she wasn't going to be the type of baby who would take kindly to being left with a babysitter, even if the sitters were her own grandparents, so there went our chances of sneaking out for a couple of hours to catch a flick. A month ago, though, the hubby and I actually got out long enough to see the new Harry Potter film and it was well worth incurring the wrath of Cranky Baby's evil sister, Screaming-Bloody-Murder Baby. I loved that movie. But, for the most part, we watch a lot of Movies On Demand at home.

On Friday night Aaron convinced me to rent "War of the Worlds". You know, the one Tom Cruise thought sucked enough that he had to jump on Oprah's couch to get enough publicity to save it. And you know what? He was right, it did suck. It sucked with a capital S-U-C-K-E-D. If you saw the movie, Dear Reader, then you know what I mean. If you haven't, consider this a public service announcement. Do not see that movie! Please, for the love of all that is good and holy DO NOT SEE "WAR OF THE WORLDS"! I don't know how many exclamation points and warnings in caps I have to use. The movie was that bad. The best part of the movie was Morgan Freeman - and he did the voice-over at the beginning and the end of that damn movie for Christ's Sake. Thankfully we didn't waste a trip to the theater on it.

I can never get those two hours of my life back (as much as I begged for them after I sat there through the whole damn thing). But if you decide, after reading this, that you want to see that movie for yourself - let's say you're a big Tom Cruise fan, I guess that's still possible these days - don't say you weren't warned. But, my God, it was SO BAD!!!!!!

I really want those two hours back.

No comments: