Friday, October 03, 2008

September ROFLs!

*** Update!

I forgot a nominee! I suck, but in my defense I haven't slept since 2007. See the added nominee below in red. ***



I'd love to write a knee-slapper here - you know, since this is the first ROFL Awards in about a bajillion years and I have a sexy new co-host. But C.C. is still not sleeping... blah, blah, blahdee, blah. So on and so forth. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. And the cow jumped over the moon.

Wait. What?

Oh yeah. The ROFL Awards. Right.

I'm so glad to have these awards back because the world needs more funny. And the Vice Presidential debate is just not cutting it.

My nomination for the relaunch of the ROFLs is for a post written by one of the best women blog writers out there. And I'm not just saying that because she's paying me.

She usually writes some pretty serious stuff but this post - which is actually a re-post actually but I don't care because... well, because I just don't care - made me pee my pants. Which, come to think of it, really isn't that hard after having two kids. But it is damn funny. Especially since it's all about talking babies and believe me, after staying up all night every night for a month with an infant a parent starts to believe that their baby is really talking to them. Usually in four letter words.

So my nomination this month is for Blog Antagonist's Out of the Mouths of Babes.

Sept '08 ROFL

Congratulations BA!

On to this months nominees:

Motherbumper awarded For a Different Kind of Girl


Charming & Delightful awarded Flutter (for this guest post at One Plus Two)

Backpacking Dad awarded every post he's ever written. Seriously.















----------------------------------------

Don't forget to get your nomination in for November's ROFLs. Send them either to me at Chicky Chicky Baby [at] Hotmail [dot] com or Oh, the Joys, my partner in crime and funnyness (shut up, it could be a word) at OhTheJoys [at] Gmail [dot] com.


9 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I cannot tell you how much I needed this this morning.

Seriously? It totally inspired me to finish a whole new chapter.

Thank you!

Blog Antagonist said...

Why thank you, sweets! I wish I could be more consistently funny, but I'm just not, so I appreciate your nomination all the more.

flutter said...

these are so much fun, BA you totally crack me up

Heather said...

I knew I was supposed to be thinking of a nominee but I couldn't remember what to do when I had one! Lack of sleep here too.

No matter, I would have nominated Jenny anyway but it would have been for her post at HBM's place.

Heather said...

Wait! What month was that? Gawd my mind is totally gone after birthing 3 kids. What is wrong with me?

Backpacking Dad said...

I don't know about 'seriously', but ya, I am funny.

Actually, if there were a ROFCTMMJABPD* award that's probably the one I would get nominated for. I haven't seen a funny post on my blog in a while. But I sure have been making the ladies weepy lately.

*Rolling on the Floor Crying, Throwing My Mom Jeans At BackPacking Dad

carbon854 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
josetteplank.com said...

GET OUT! THEY'RE BACK!

OH THANK YOU!

Going to read now, thank you!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I hadn't heard of these ROFLs before, but I am stoked to go and check all the nominees out. Thanks for the heads up!!