Sunday, October 19, 2008

Notorious

I don't usually do this type of thing, but this quiz sized me up just a little too well. Kinda spooky.

Guess I need to work on my Swedish accent.

(Thanks, Miguelina!)

------------------


Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are an Ingrid!

mm.ingrid_.jpg


You are an Ingrid -- "I am unique"



Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.



How to Get Along with Me

  • * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.

  • * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.

  • * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.

  • * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.

  • * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!




What I Like About Being an Ingrid

  • * my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level

  • * my ability to establish warm connections with people

  • * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

  • * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor

  • * being unique and being seen as unique by others

  • * having aesthetic sensibilities

  • * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me




What's Hard About Being an Ingrid

  • * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair

  • * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved

  • * feeling guilty when I disappoint people

  • * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me

  • * expecting too much from myself and life

  • * fearing being abandoned

  • * obsessing over resentments

  • * longing for what I don't have




Ingrids as Children Often

  • * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games

  • * are very sensitive

  • * feel that they don't fit in

  • * believe they are missing something that other people have

  • * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.

  • * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood

  • * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)




Ingrids as Parents

  • * help their children become who they really are

  • * support their children's creativity and originality

  • * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings

  • * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective

  • * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed



Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy

12 comments:

Kizz said...

There's just no bad result on this quiz isn't there? I'm a Jackie!

Lisa said...

I'm an Ingrid too - and I agree, freakishly accurate results. I read them going, "Wait, how the hell did they know that?"

Anonymous said...

That really is eerily accurate - although I shouldn't be surprised because the two questions are so detailed. I'm an Audrey.

mo-wo said...

Ok I only had to cheat a little bit to get what I wanted..

I'm a Katherine! Huzzah!

Avalon said...

Waaaahhhhh! They don't have Lizzie Borden as a category.

Moments Of Mom said...

I am an Ingrid too! And Damn, that is accurate... right down to the death of parent....

Thanks for posting this!

Eleanor Q. said...

I was a Doris. I found a lot of it to be true..fun quiz!

The Stiletto Mom said...

Well, not shocking, I am a Bette...the "strong willed" one. And by strong willed they mean something that rhymes with witch. Darn, I was hoping we could be movie star friends!!! I'm posting this on my site with linkies back you to chicky! Fun quiz!!!

The Stiletto Mom said...

...and here it is http://tinyurl.com/6xj884
Was going to twitter it to you but I can't DM you.

Soggy Granola Mom said...

Holy crap...I was a Marilyn. I wasn't expecting that, but after reading the description I see that it's right on.

Kim Mance said...

I'm also a Bette, but with such an array of cool women, you really can't go wrong. Fun quiz! I blogged about it.

Loralee Choate said...

Dude, none of the questions even remotely fit me. I get the feeling that I would probably have been Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. (Heh)