Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Rawfuls! Um, the Rohfuls? No wait, the ROFLs!

Once upon a time, there were two women who thought "Hey, the blog world is way too full of itself. We should be rewarding those who rage against the sober, and the serious too, and celebrate the laughter with pointless buttons that will clutter up our sidebars and awards that don't even come with a stuffy banquet and complimentary baked stuffed chicken!"

Okay, I have no idea if they thought that. What I do know is that from these women's loins sprang forth the ROFL Awards!

(Not really from their loins because that would be weird. I mean, how would you even explain that to your OB? And to your significant other? And, hey! Look over there! It's a bizarre tangent!)

But! I'd be lying if dry poultry with a choice of two sides wasn't somewhere on my mind when they passed the reigns to me and a certain Canadian. Because if there's anything I love, it's banquet food.

Wait, I had a point here. I think. I'm working on three hours of sleep so just work with me, okay?

The ROFLs. Right.

Unfortunately, time constraints, family obligations, and a lot of persistently heavy posts beat the poor ROFLs into hiding. For all its bravado, the ROFLs is a sensitive beast and it took a mighty warrior to ride in on her magnificent steed to coax them out of their hiding place.

It was... The Nominatrix!

And my, how she rode that steed. She rode it hard and proud, with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye. Which is strange since she has a preference for riding park rangers.

What was I saying?

She spoke to them of sun dappled meadows full of happy, dancing children who slept 12 hours at a time and lured them out with bits of Twinkies, a nice Pinot Noir, and promises of laughter and ponies and rainbows. And laughing rainbow ponies drinking Pinot Noir.

And on the seventh day, she rested.

(Three hours of sleep and we'll see how well you do with keeping your stories straight. The only thing on my mind today is the ROFLs and sleep. And more sleep.)

Anyway.

Jessica of Oh, the Joys and I are bring back the ROFL Awards but we NEED YOUR HELP. Yes! All caps! That is how much we NEED YOUR HELP.

But how, Tania? How can I help?

Funny you should ask.

Nominate a post for the September ROFL Awards!

The deadline is October 1st.

To nominate:

1. Pick a post from the month of September that made you laugh.

[Please only choose original material written or developed by a blogger, any blogger - i.e., not a YouTube video, cartoon, or joke circling the Net. Because, dude, lame.]


2. E-mail me a link to the post that you are nominating AND a link to your blog by October 1st.

[Jessica and I will send you the award button so you can share it with the blogger you've nominated.]


3. On Friday, October 3rd, write a post on your blog about the post you chose.

[Please link back to this blog and to Jessica at Oh, the Joys so that people can see the full list of award winning funny posts.]


4. Send the award button code to your awardee so they can post it.


We're also rebuilding the ROFL Award mailing list.


If you want to be included on the mailing list and recieve monthly notifications about the upcoming ROFL deadlines, leave a comment here with your e-mail address listed or Jessica an e-mail at OhTheJoys(at)GMail(dot)com.


Feel free to e-mail me with questions.


I can't wait to bring back the funny! Right after I get some shut eye.

19 comments:

Whirlwind said...

I'd like to be on the mailing list. I think you have my email already, but if you need it again, twitter dm me.

Erin said...

Ooh! This sounds like fun! I'm definitely in! Also, please add me to the mailing list! :)

Mad said...

Oh, I am so happy they're back and I couldn't pick a better set of hosts. Add me to the mailing list. madhattermommyAThotmailDOTcom

Velma said...

I'd definitely like to be on the mailing list. The world needs more of The Funny.

Heather said...

Sounds funny! Er. Fun. Or whatever. I'll try to dig through and find the funny. I know I read some!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I am all about this.

BOSSY said...

Aw fer christsake.

Anonymous said...

Yes, please. I'm in.

Manic Mommy said...

So happy they're coming back. I actually contemplated emailing to see if I could help you out with them. Then I...forgot. Let me know if you do want an assist.

I'll send you a link and you can add me to the list then, please.

motherbumper said...

I am so friggin' excited I may have squealed. I'm so in.

kittenpie said...

Can I nominate this one? Because I totally think those rainbow ponies deserve somthing nice to go with thir pinot noir after all that dancing.

Ali said...

oooh oooh oooh. so excited it's back!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! And Yes! I would luurve to be on the mailing list & I will most definitely be nominating... someone.

mother.musingsATgmailDOTcom

karengreeners said...

I was totally just wondering what ever happened to the ROFLs. I missed them. Go take a nap so I can start laughing already. Sheesh.

Girlplustwo said...

me too people. The Shat on my Keyboards are BACK.

Alex Elliot said...

I'd like to be on the mailing list as well. It's great to hear that they're back!

Daisy said...

I already love the visual of the ROFL Nominatrix galloping around the blogosphere! Please add my to the mailing list. I could use another excuse to look for great posts!

Anonymous said...

Please add me to the mailing list!
ravenlynne (at) yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I found lots of baby picture photos . this picture will display details about all the keywords. And it has about millions of baby pictures .

http://www.xcavator.net