Friday, June 05, 2009

I Spy - mornings

I think I've figured out why writer's block is kicking my ass. My life? It is boring, hopelessly mundane and not inter....

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whoops, sorry about that. I fell asleep there.

So instead of fighting it, I'm going to embrace it (Viva la Boring Ass Life!) with a little thing I call "I Spy".

What's that? There's already a game called "I Spy"? I didn't say I was original, I said I was boring. Catch up, will ya?

Every Friday I'll post a picture of something I see, a snippet out of my life. You should do it too. It'll be super duper fun! Really!

What?

Oh don't even pretend you don't like to see into people's lives. I know you look into darkened windows at night while driving through your neighborhood. You probably even sit in your bedroom at night with your camera pointed at your next door neighbor's windows. Or maybe that's just me?

Um, moving on.

The point of the project, lambs, is to make the mundane interesting. Play along. Take a picture of something, anything, that you see and describe it, then leave a comment here with a link to your "I Spy" post. Give us a glimpse of your life. It will be fun. I promise. Pinky swear. At the very least, it will give you an excuse to post something. Some might call it phoning it in, but I call it "desperate times/desperate measures".

So go ahead, grab your camera and take a picture of something. I'll wait.

C'mon, it's not brain surgery. Just take a pictures. Any picture.

Or I could do it for you. I have a long lens. Ahem.

-----------------

Mornings at Casa de Chicky:


French press, coffee mug, blueberry/lemon muffin I baked yesterday next to used tissues because CC and I are sick. Phlegm and baked goods, two great tastes that go great together.

Twitter open on my laptop. I'm the only one in the world who still uses the actual Twitter platform.

Baby bib, Cheerios, a bowl of fruit.

This is what my mornings look like when we have nothing better to do. Muy exciting, no?

15 comments:

Heather said...

Well, your day has been exciting so far if you're cooking a bird in your dryer vent.

I'll try to play today or tomorrow!

Briya said...

Nope. I just use regular ol' twitter on my computer too...(I use the sneaky sneaky one at work though)

furiousBall said...

that reminds me i need to use that french press my mom gave me... thanks

Fairly Odd Mother said...

There are other platforms for Twitter? See, I'm even more hopeless than you.

flutter said...

I so love you, you crack me up

Pgoodness said...

Love it!! I'll do it soon!!

BOSSY said...

I Spy. Love it, fer christsake.

Al_Pal said...

Heh. I tried tweetdeck, but the font was too darn small!
SO I use the web, too. :P

& in response to your tweet from earlier [cuz my updates, they are private]: I can kinda see people going for the extreme...but WHY do it with a rope? So totally ridiculous! :P

Julie @ The Mom Slant said...

Cool idea! Do I get marked down if there are crumbs and leaky sippie cups in the background?

Ree said...

Hey, can I have a bite of that muffin?

Carmen said...

I use the actual twitter platform as well. I'm so 2000...

Live Simply Mommy said...

What a fun idea, I'll play this Friday.

Carmen said...

Here's mine.

http://momtothescreamingmasses.typepad.com/mom_to_the_screaming_mass/2009/06/where-the-magic-happens.html

Magpie said...

web twitter here too...

kittenpie said...

Hey, I thought *I* was the only one who actually went to twitter.com to tweet!

But I go out for coffee and I don't bake muffins, so you're all over me on that. Good on you.