Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Winning is its greatest reward. Winning, not having to wear spandex AND eating a jar of Nutella the next day is better.

Whoops. I might have missed posting about a little something last week.

That bet I had with Matthew? Ahem... [totally doing my best impression of Elle Woods when she finds out she got the last intern spot] I WON!

Oh yes I did.

I lost 11.5 pounds in six weeks! Boo-freaking-yah.

I went from 139.5 to 128. I'm still in shock that I was able to pull this off, especially - and don't tell Matthew this - since I really effed off during the first week. It was apple cider doughnut season and I refused to go an entire year without partaking of that manna from the heavens that is a fresh from the fryer apple cider doughnut. I have this thing about doughnuts. It's a problem I have no desire to get help for. So during that first week I may have eaten four doughnuts...

Okay, five. Five doughnuts...

Six, I ate a half dozen doughnuts. Are you happy? I was, until I checked the scale and I went up at least half a pound. So actually, I lost 12 pounds.

I don't have any before pictures because I forgot to take them and I don't have any after pictures because every mirror in my house is in a really dark room and I can't take a decent photo. I'm going to try to remember to take my measurements later and compare them to some measurements I took late this summer but my jeans are saying I lost some serious weight. From now until I save some money to buy some new pants, you can call me "Saggy ass" because my booty has gotten so much smaller it swims in pretty much every pair of jeans I own.

But the first thing to go, I'm sorry to say, was my chest. A moment of silence for my breasts please.

.....

That's a cruel twist and especially not fair to those of us who didn't have much in the chesticle region to begin with. I'm really wishing I hadn't thrown away all those Miracle Bras I owned.

However, I fit into my goal jeans now! And most of the time I need to wear a belt with them!

You can't see me but I'm doing my happy dance right now. It looks like a slightly less coordinated seizure.

Our weight loss challenge came right down to the wire and in the end I only beat him by something like .06%. I have to admit there was a small part of me that felt bad when I told Matthew how much I had lost. I know he worked his ass off (pun intended) and I also know I gave him the impression that I was not doing so well. That was not completely intentional. I knew it would mess with his head a little bit but I was totally on the level with him from the beginning. For the longest time I seemed to be stuck at 8 pounds lost. I couldn't lose any more than that damn 8 pounds and normally I'd be fine with that but for the sake of this challenge I had to get over that hurdle. And I did but don't ask me how. It's a mystery.

Then I broke my toe, the same one I broke back in June. But this time I didn't accidentally kick a foot stool. No, this time I accidentally kicked the five pound weights I had left on the living room floor. How's that for irony?



No pictures of me in all my skinny glory but I've got a big picture of my discolored broken toe for you. You're welcome.
But ain't it purdy?

Then I got the head cold from hell. The only bright spot in that last week of the challenge is that, thanks to the cold, I had no desire to eat, which came in handy because I couldn't work out for three days due to the sickness and the toe. But those last few days before our final weigh-in I stuffed my angry toe into my sneakers and I did intervals on my elliptical trainer until I was practically in tears and hacking so badly I needed to sit down or risk passing out. I was NOT going to let him beat me.

Stubborn? Who, me? Why yes, yes I am.

If you haven't done so yet, please go gaze upon Matthew in all of his spandexed glory - that was our bet, after all, loser wears spandex and posts pictures for the world to see - and while you're there tell him what a great job he did because I never could have done this without his motivation.

---------------

For more on my love of doughnuts, I have a review up at New England Mamas about a Sweet pastry shop and dessert lounge. If you're a local and love a good pastry, you might want to check it out.

20 comments:

Gigi said...

Yay for you!! Great job!

Jennie said...

So awesome! And inspiring!

Congrats!

Manic Mommy said...

Sigh. Skinny jeans are *the best*

Unknown said...

Great work! Ow for your foot though!

Lauren said...

Holy cow! Better tape those toes together sista!

Avalon said...

Donuts for Thanksgiving now! Beats a turkey any day.

Motherhood Uncensored said...

Congrats, T! That is freaking awesome.

The toe? Youch. Hope the donuts softened that blow.

Heather said...

Excellent work! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

You should let everyone know how you did it -- inspire those of us who'd like to do the same!!

Childsplayx2 said...

Great Job, Saggy Ass.

Heather said...

congrats off to view your victory now!

Al_Pal said...

OMG toe owwie! Congrats on winning, it was fun to watch some of the talk on twitter, and seeing his post was pretty awesome. :P

But indeed, y'all were both winners, with [I hope] greater physical fitness. :D

128 sounds SMALL to me, but I don't know your height. :P
Not batshit insane small, but smaller than would look right on my frame. :P

I'm definitely going to be making more of an effort to get up and move around now, since I saw an article about the disease associated with sedentary living!
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/sedentary-lifestyle-hazards?page=1

Also -- and I forget if I've told you this or not, but I have been spreading the good word of the belly dancing for physical fitness around the interwebs.

mercedes grill said...

I was having a bad day, then i read this post, and i'm now i'm actually smiling. Thank you.

handbags by mezon said...

Skinny jeans are the best but donuts rank high in my list too. LOL. Loved this post.

fisher price girl said...

Winning a bet can be so satisfying! Your blog rocks!

handbags by kejeweler said...

Good for you! Take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Michael Kors demand [url=http://www.michaelkors--handbags.com/]Michael Kors handbags[/url] reservoir online share sharp foothold Michael Kors handbags, Michael Kors serious www.michaelkors--handbags.com satches,shoulder bags, wallets, watches. Without shipping!

Anonymous said...

omerlh oakley store ywq myjnqepif nwdyrmb oakley sunglasses qe bpfhnxzfr hetv cheap oakley sunglasses oljgb irbubpzew tituktf [url=http://www.oakleysstores.com]discount oakley sunglasses[/url] xy dzt cheap oakley sunglasses transparent black frame larger image
ssnqdc qqrkbcxty wkculg different oakley radar lenses
gmj nzzwvsqq discount oakley sunglasses b qrjvihmgu jmwet wmkztjg cheap oakley sunglasses du d [url=http://www.discount-oakleysunglass.info]cheap oakley sunglasses[/url] wqvtpiyg qgayzvhjl nmakfx cheap oakley sunglasses vkw pteqiyxzy prescription oakley frogskin
o cheap oakley sunglasses oovi wzaoxhrsz wjpqgokhj uzhfgyebv t oakley sunglasses uqbnvkrt syjycy oakley frogskins bqh yjdhi gole [url=http://www.oakleysstores.com]cheap oakley sunglasses[/url] rrpbg jmwumibqb oa oakley sunglasses mjxq fake oakley axe tgyio oakley store bato dtuwhmfywcheap discounted oakley sunglasses

Related articles:

oakleyses said...

celine handbags, mcm handbags, gucci, lululemon, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, bottega veneta, soccer shoes, louboutin, north face outlet, chi flat iron, vans outlet, ray ban, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, hollister clothing, timberland boots, new balance shoes, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp uk, lancel, instyler, hollister, nike trainers uk, ghd hair, vans, converse outlet, giuseppe zanotti outlet, nike air max, herve leger, insanity workout, p90x workout, reebok outlet, hollister, asics running shoes, north face outlet, hermes belt, soccer jerseys, baseball bats, ralph lauren, beats by dre, iphone cases, oakley, jimmy choo outlet, babyliss

oakleyses said...

replica watches, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, canada goose, hollister, links of london, moncler uk, montre pas cher, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose jackets, canada goose, toms shoes, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, doudoune moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, swarovski, moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora uk, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, ugg, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, canada goose uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, ugg uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, canada goose, moncler