Sunday, February 15, 2009

She puts the hitch in my giddy up

I can be a bit of a pessimist, believing that given the chance things will almost always go wrong. But sometimes something good, really good, happens to someone who deserves it and my faith in human kind is restored... For at least five minutes.

One of those sometimes happened to a friend of mine and Boy Howdy! She deserves it. Tanis, the lovely, talented, beboob-ringed (which is way better than being bedazzled) Tanis, has adopted a beautiful little boy and I honestly can't think of a person, a whole family actually, who deserves this happiness more.

A bunch of women who are wonderful in their own right are throwing Tanis a virtual baby shower and part of it is all about getting in touch with your inner redneck. This is something I have no problem with since I grew up in redneck country myself and had my first taste of Schlitz when I was still a wee baby. Or maybe it was Pabst Blue Ribbon? I forget, maybe they should have watered it down first.

Here's my contribution:

You know you're a Redneck Mommy when:

You not only own a blaze orange vest but you also have one for your baby (and for your whole family, dogs included too. But they wouldn't pose with us. Ingrates.)

Congratulations, Tanis! All the love in the world from our redneck family to yours.

----

Show off your inner redneck and give Tanis some love too. Go here. No, really. Go HERE. Don't make me get my gun.

10 comments:

motherbumper said...

girrrrrrrrrl, you rock that vest ;)

flutter said...

how are you allowed to look so cute in orange?

Manic Mommy said...

Is it deer hunting season already??

Anonymous said...

Woo. Hot mom and babe in the vests. :)

Amo said...

A real redneck mommy wears it topless.

Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

You have never looked hotter than you do in the orange vest.

Rawr.

There are no words to explain how much it means to me that you played along in helping me welcome my new son home.

Gosh I love you, you hick.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Too, too cute! I hope your hubby wears it with a sleeveless tank top.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Very cute! No shame in being a redneck...you look like a pretty fashionable one! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a whole lotta orange! Such a cute photo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.