Thursday, November 01, 2007

October ROFL Awards

1fun·ny

Pronunciation:
\ˈfə-nē\
Function:
adjective
1 a: affording light mirth and laughter : amusing
b: seeking or intended to amuse : facetious


It's time for the October ROFL Awards! Or as a good friend suggested for this month - the Lying on Floor Vomiting, or LOFV, Awards.

Doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?

My nomination for this month is for a blogger whom I am so glad is participating in that crazy thing called NaBloPoMo. Or is it NoMoFoWayBro? Anyway, she's funny and I'm glad she's back to blogging regularly.

I nominate Halushki for her post Parent Hack. It could have been for anything she's posted lately but I had to narrow it down to one post. Sometimes this award thing sucks that way.

October07 ROFL award


Congratulations to this month's nominees!


The Eleventh awarded Jurgen Nation

Coffee Shop Mafia awarded Almost Somewhat Positive

Oh, the Joys awarded Joy Unexpected

The New Girl awarded Motherhood Uncensored

All Rileyed Up awarded Alpha Dogma

T with Honey awarded The Mother Load

Moosh in Indy awarded Metalia

Them's My Sentiments awarded Lawyer Mama

Mother Bumper awarded Oh, the Joys

Momish awarded The Bloggess

Sarah and the Goon Squad awarded Lumpyhead

Cinnamon Girl awarded Mad Hatter


Don't forget to get your nomination in for November's ROFLs. Send them either to me at Chicky Chicky Baby 2 [at] Yahoo [dot] com or Metro Mama, my partner in crime and funnyness (shut up, it could be a word) at Metro_Mama [at] Hotmail [dot] com.


----------------------

One more bit of housekeeping - I've got a new review up about the book Beauty Confidential for the Parent Bloggers Network. I've got to have my makeup and beauty products, but did I like the book? Please check it out to find out.

11 comments:

josetteplank.com said...

Aw fudge!

I had a nomination and got side-tracked by NaBloPoMo!

Anyway, THANK YOU very much for the shout out and ROFL Award.

And now, I have to go grab the baby. He's found the chainsaw.

BOSSY said...

Question: Does Bossy actually have to roll on her floor? It's awfully dog-hairy.

Mad said...

As always, thanks for doin' the work with these. I likes me a good laugh and the ROFL's never fail.

flutter said...

These are always so fun

BOSSY said...

Fer chrissake, Chicky - enough rolling on the floor. Bossy just found out she’s a finalist for Weblog’s Best Humor blog award. Come on over and cough up your vote. Wait - did you just throw up a little in the voting booth?

FENICLE said...

I missed out this month. I know I saw the e-mail in my inbox...but I was so overloaded with stuff!!

But I did enjoy a good laugh reading through some of these :)

Lawyer Mama said...

I always love reading these but am too much of a damn slacker to get my nominations in on time. I must go clean up your puke in Bossy's voting booth and then I'm off to thank Mary for being a sweetie pie.

Jen said...

I'll go vote for Bossy but I draw the line at vomit. I just tend to shake real hard when something's funny anyway. I've yet to vomit.

Lisa said...

Oh yeay. More very funny posts all in one spot!

Pendullum said...

I could use a laugh....
looking forward to the reads...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new blogs to read. I am always looking for great ones. I tagged you today on my blog. Hope you can play!