Wednesday, August 29, 2007

RuPaul was right, I should probably work

Now that the great romance of my twenties (not including Mr. C, of course. No, hon, you are the great romance of my life. Promise.) has been compared to a Lifetime movie of the week and I purged my soul on the internet, I've gotta take a detour off this trip down memory lane and take care of some blog business.

But before I get to that, I still can't believe that no one figured out the song. Nobody told me they did anyway. The person who can gets an extra special sappy mix CD with that song and many others that I used to listen to as I drove by his house 20 times an evening.

Added ** Oh, and when I said a "southern band" I meant they were from the south, not that they recorded southern rock or anything like that. They're much more free form than that.**

**Added Again!
Mel from Freak Parade got the song right
- Say Goodbye, by the Dave Matthews Band. Congrats, Mel! Jeez, I thought I made it easy on everyone with a bit of the lyric as the title of the post and all. **

Good times, good times.

---------------

First up, I've got some new reviews up at my review blog. Something about back to school shopping and stuff like that. I tried to cover all the kids, from toddler through high school, so please go check it out.

Second, the New England Mamas are looking for mothers who blog from Vermont and Maine to contribute to our site. If you fit that bill, or you know someone who does, please email me at NEMAMAS [at] yahoo [dot] com and put Vermont Blogger or Maine Blogger or something like that in the subject line. I know that there are parts of Maine and Vermont that are just now starting to get indoor plumbing but I've got to believe they have dial-up at the very least. And if there's dial-up, there must be bloggers.

Also, we're looking for one dad from any of the New England states who we can count on to contribute on a regular basis. We need a little testosterone to temper the estrogen. If you want to know more email me at that address above.

Third... Hmm, what was third? Third, third... I got it!

Johnny Damon. Rot in hell.

[head repeatedly hitting keyboard]

Sonufabitch, aadnoiehroanr8932h4o, traitor, ohyq43q08ty0ohgohaoifho, home run, aouq08u8u04ihl*&%*)*o4hihti4hrbnd83, Gah!

20 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

Now who would have compared your story to a Lifetime movie? What is wrong people these days?

Anonymous said...

I give up on the song. I'm such a quitter. Or more like a sore loser when I can't figure something out.

I can't believe there isn't a Maine blogger in the bunch yet. I mean, Maine is bigger than the rest of the NE states combined, isn't it!?

Jane, P&B Girls

Arwen said...

Isn't it amazing how much uglier a guy is just by what he wheres? For instance: Johnny Damon in red & white: hot. Johnny Damon with a Y on his shirt: not.
If the game had been in Boston I would be worried of a riot.
No idea about the song.

Girlplustwo said...

Dude, screw Damon. He's on the LOSING TEAM this year.

We're rocking it all the way.

Anonymous said...

For the life of me I couldn't figure out that song. and I tried, really but somehow putting 90's southern rock didn't quite get me there on google...anyway

Just so you know those poor NEMama's in ME may not have indoor plumbing and internet yet but I got my electric and cable modem a hummin' up here in VT.

Julie Marsh said...

Johnny Damon lost my interest when he acquiesced to Steinbrenner's haircut rules.

motherbumper said...

They got indoor plumbing in Maine? Don't tell New Brunswick or they will start demanding it too.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I made a guess on HBM's site!

Valerie Bertenelli? No, no, no. . . she's much too old to play you!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

FOD - REM? Nope. Close though, kinda.

Anonymous said...

Crash Into You - DMB?


I'm taking some small - very, VERY small - comfort that even if we lose all three games, we'll still be 4.5 games ahead of them.

Hopefully the Mariners will do well in the rest of their games. They have a tough couple of series, which could put them out of the wild card race. And that would suck.

Lawyer Mama said...

All For You by Sister Hazel? I got nothin' else. You've stumped me, babe.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Major Bedhead is the closest so far.

Unknown said...

No clue on the song. None. But I do know a Maine blogger. I just don't know how to get in touch with her anymore, since she took her blog private. Anyone read Ang at Welfare Mom and know how to find her?

Monya R. said...

Major Bedhead was close, eh? Is it Crush by DMB? I love that song..now it's stuck in my head!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am intrigued....is it Say Goodbye by DMB?..the lyrics work....but monya's guess of Crush is a good too. Come on! Tell us!

Ruth Dynamite said...

I left a comment at HBM's, but just so you can now go listen to the song I mentioned, it's "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks.

No snickering, please.

Rusti said...

I know I'm not a NE'er - and I've never even been to Boston - but I love the Red Sox - maybe because I hate the Yankees?? (My husband & my sister are Yankees fans - my dad & I hate them!) and when JD left the BoSox and cut his hair I cut him out of my life... he is dead to me now. :) I still have to root for my Tigers though... the hometeam is always in my heart!

Julie Pippert said...

ACK! The name! The name!

I'll move to Vermont, just for you. :)

Julie
Ravin' Picture Maven

painted maypole said...

i too, google searched like crazy. no luck. Still thinking. do tell us when someone wins, won't you, so we can stop wracking our brains and have the collective "ahhh... of course... why didn't I think of it..." moment

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Oops! Sorry, Mel from Freak Parade got it right. She's wicked smaht.