Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Anniversaries, awards, and existentialism

Some of you thought it would be a good idea to make me this week's CHBM Mother of the Week. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel a bit like the Grinch at the end of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' - not the hideous movie with that Jim Carrey guy, but the television show that I still watch every year at Christmas time 'cause I'm really six years old and I refuse to grow up and you can't make me, so there - when his heart grows and grows because he's all wrapped up in the spirit of the holidays and the Whooville-ians.

Or maybe he was happy of the prospect of baking that insipid Cindy Lou Who in a Christmas pie.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. My heart was growing with love and thanks.

I found the quote that the Pajama Mama used in the sidebar a bit funny since she must have had to have dug deep for that one. But I'm glad she used it because as I was going through my archives the other day to find something to write about - being as October is my one year blog-iversary. Technically it's October 12 but if I waited until then to write about it I'd forget and the day would go by without acknowledgement and we wouldn't want that to happen - I stopped and reread that one happily. Those first few months (okay, first 6 months. 8? Fine 12 months) were dark days in the ol' writing department and that was one of my few shining moments. So I think I'll re-post it.

Okay, in my mind it was a shining moment. If you think it's shite, well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion but do me a favor and save it. 'Kay? This is not, after all, a democracy, it's a blog-ocracy. One ruler (that would be me for those of you playing at home), under blog, indivisible ('cause there's only one of me and it's hard to divide one person. Hard and messy.), with Chicky and Cookies for me.

So, again, thanks to those of you that voted for me, thought about voting for me but then got sidetracked by an episode of the Oprah show, or at least didn't send emails to the CHBM site with jpegs of my likeness burning in effigy.

So here's that post.

A Moment of Clarity

There are moments in our young children's lives when one look from them speaks volumes of clarity, enlightenment, and knowledge. These are the times when you know deep down in your soul that this little person is much more than a baby who has spent a mere few hundred days in this world, that they, in fact, have been here before - again and again. Its a look that says that they know the meaning of life, whether God is a man or a woman, what the Dali Lama's middle name is, and how the last season of 'The Sopranos' is going to end.

Its times like these when I meet my daughter's strong gaze that I think to myself...

"Damn. She knows I'm full of shit."


I know something you don't know. Bwahhahahahaha!

___________________________________________

Serious stuff over at Dog Gone Blog. Do you know what to do if your dog were to get into a fight with another dog?

---------------------------------
Bitacle Steals Content!
If you're not reading this on www.chickychickybaby.blogspot.com or a feed authorized by the author then you are viewing stolen content. Please read this on the site it was legally published on and not on a splog like Bitacle who steals other people's work for their financial gain.

15 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats on Mom of the Week!!

And I seriously believe in reincarnation. There are way too many times that I can look into the eyes of a child and realize that they've done this before and are just adjusting to what's new.

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Awww, congrats on MotW!

ms blue said...

Hip Hip Hooray for being named MotW! It is well deserved recognition!

I love that look of a baby with an old soul. The knowing eyes and expressions are almost too much when they come packaged in the sweet baby goodness.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Double congrats! Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats... And dude. I'm so full of shit.

And don't they all know it.

Overwhelmed! said...

This is my first time visiting your blog. I found you on the CHBM site, which I'm a member of. I have to ask, how old is your daughter? She's a cutie! My son is 21 months old. :)

Nice to meet you, I'll try to stop by again when I have a bit more time to read some of your past posts.

Jess Riley said...

Hey, MOTW! You rule!

Off to check out the scene at the dogblog...

Girlplustwo said...

Wholehearted and well deserved congrats. You are a rockstar.

Cristina said...

That was completely worth a re-post!

Congrats on MOTW. You had my vote!

mo-wo said...

Ah, you know I am so with you on that one.

Kristin said...

See, our votes really do count.

Congratulations!

Radioactive Tori said...

I love that post! Also, congrats!

Sandra said...

Congratulations on being MOTW. I couldn't think of a better person.

And I loved that post. Every word.

karengreeners said...

congrats!
and, go easy on cindylou who - she had really rad hair.