Friday, November 18, 2005

Baby Update

The child turned 7 months yesterday. I have to say I am really enjoying this age, she's a lot of fun. Julia is now up on her hands and knees rocking back and forth. She'll be crawling any day now (goodbye couch, you've always been there for me. I'll sit with you again one day). She's got a mega-watt smile and she charms everyone she meets - as long as they don't try to hold her! She rolls like crazy and usually ends up under the couch (I'll try to post a photo of that when I have a change to upload it). Apparently there was a skit on SNL about the baby Swiffer, but we just call it fleecy pajamas. No need to vacum under the couch, let the kid roll and do all the work for you!
She's a champion sleeper finally - can you hear the Hallelujiah Chorus? I can, every time I get a full night sleep. And she's a fantastic eater. If you put food in front of her it will disappear in no time flat. If she could say "More!" she would, but for now she'll just have to grunt like a hungry monkey (no lie, she sounds like a monkey). I wonder where she gets that insatiable appetite? Hmmm. She now eats applesauce, bananas, pears (her favorite), squash, sweet potatos, green beans, peas, mangos (her second favorite), carrots, mashed potatos, cereal (she loves her oatmeal), yogurt, cheerios and toast. The dogs were very happy when we started with the cheerios since more end up on the floor than in her mouth. We tried pureed turkey the other day (gotta get her ready for Thanksgiving) and I thought for sure she would hate it. After the first bite there was a great sucking noise and I was left with an empty bowl and a grunting monkey-baby.
She still loves bath time, especially since toys are now involved. But if you try to pour water over her head you will soon incur the wrath of Cranky Baby's even more evil twin, Screaming Baby. She lets me do goofy things with her hair, though - much to Aaron's chagrin. :)

1 comment:

djn said...

I enjoyed your blog! Just finished a book this morning called Little Earthquakes -- it's a story of 4 new mothers with different lives who become interlinked. You may enjoy it, if you like to read. I know, I know -- then there's the time issue. Who has time to read anymore... I only got a chance to read a whole book because I'm off work on disability because I decided to get my tubes tied -- we have 4 kids... Anyhoo, my blog is http://noblelady728.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the enjoyable read!