Thursday, October 13, 2005

How do I love my daughter...

How do I love my daughter, let me count the ways...

Poopy Diapers

Spot cleaning little onsies because diapers couldn't hold all that poop.

Breast Feeding

Cleaning spit up and starting over again.

Bottle strike

Getting out of bed at 1am or 3am or 4am to nurse her back to sleep.

Dealing with her fear of strangers. Actually, her fear of everyone who isn't me!

Listening to a screaming baby who thrashes in her crib because she doesn't want to nap.

Fighting with myself over whether to go to her or not because said baby is still screaming after 15 minutes, only to have her fall soundly asleep 2 minutes later.

One word - COLIC!!!

but then there's...

Little feet and hands

fat cheeks

that freshly washed baby smell

baby sighs

mamamamamamamamama

the first time she smiled, rolled over, sat up on her own, slept through the night

her beautiful blue eyes that look at me with complete love and trust

I love being a Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

touching her soft little bald pussy would be my reason